If you could solve any global problem in the world with AI, what would it be?
What do you see as the 3 most important things for businesses in relation to AI at the moment?
- 1. Adopt a rubric or framework of ethics and responsible AI
- 2. C-level and board buy-in of equity and ethical commitments and values that are not siloed into one part of the company (such as in IT)
- 3. Develop a new model for feedback and accountability that considers the following:
- 1. Recognize that decisions about AI are not purely technology questions: the decisions influence the fundamental ways we interact as humans and must incorporate dignity and agency as key inputs.
- 2. Embrace AI’s potential to advance opportunity and well-being and to transform our responses to our most pressing global challenges. Technology for its own sake can be exciting, but it rarely delivers long term sustainable returns. Finding ways to include AI in conversations about social welfare and equitable distribution will lead to better long term gains.
- 3. Center the development and deployment of AI on people and outcomes, not on privilege and profits. Focusing on supporting the creation of new markets by enabling new forms of economic participation, ensuring that menial tasks are automated in ways that create reskilling opportunities for workers, and building tools to address malnutrition, climate change, and equitable economic systems can lead to a human victory in the digital age.
The World Summit AI team
Here is your global calendar for 2022 where you can meet your fellow World Summit AI community members: