Pamela Gupta, WSAIAM23 Speaker and CEO and Co-President of Trusted AI™, an OutSecure Inc company and AI Cybersecurity Chair at IEEE, shares her insights on the importance of trustworthy AI and its potential to solve global problems.
If you could solve any global problem in the world with AI, what would it be and why?:
Make AI Trustworthy
What do you think are the 3 most important things for businesses in relation to AI at the moment?:
1. Understand the potential of AI.
2. Unleash the potential of AI.
3. For achieving 1 & 2, its importnant to account for impact on the ecosystem.
What do you think are the 3 most important things for humanity in relation to AI at the moment?:
1. AI is like fire - it can be life changing but carries risks.
2. We will need to cooperate as humans so that AI doesnt do it for us.
3. AI will not take humans over but may make us second class citizens.
How do you think AI will make its biggest mark in the next 5/10/20 years?:
Helping humanity attain better health and creativity. Attain human dignity.
What advice would you give to executives as they determine how best to employ AI across their business?:
It is very important to educate across the organization sp that there are multiple stakeholders who can represent and instill change.
What will take AI capabilities to the next level?:
What 2 people to do you admire most in the world of AI in terms of their work?:
Why did you choose to present at the WSAI Series this year?:
Wide respresentation of thought leaders across industries and size of companies