With AI's potential to transform industries and solve global problems, many businesses are looking to leverage AI to gain a competitive edge.
Wade McCallum, CEO of Ogma-Tech, is showing us the way. We sat down with Wade to find out his thoughts on the role of AI in solving global problems, the importance of ethical application, and how businesses can best employ AI, why he chose to present at the World Summit AI Americas Summit this year and what he hopes to gain from it.
So, let's dive in and see what McCallum has to say about the future of AI.
If you could solve any global problem in the world with AI, what would it be and why?
If AI could help achieve United Nations 17 Sustainability Goals it would help make a significant meaningful impact to all humans, and the environment. Even with all the wealth and technology there is a wide equity gap that needs to be addressed.
What do you think are the 3 most important things for businesses in relation to AI at the moment?
- Making sure they can leverage AI to get actionable insights for their business
- Use the AI generated insights for decision making purposes, which implies explainability and transparency from AI models
- Get guarantees on their data security when using AI tools
What do you think are the 3 most important things for humanity in relation to AI at the moment?
- Ethical application of AI : apply AI tools in a way that is compliant with legislation and ethic
- Just transition for workers: adapting our workforce to new tools to avoid job destruction and ensure sharing of the value created by AI tools
- Controlling of AI tools: making sure no independent decision-making or technology development can happen without human supervision and approval (Layer of monitoring & control tools before human approval)
How do you think AI will make its biggest mark in the next 5/10/20 years?
- AI is the way we are going to interface with technology in general
- 5 years Improve the efficiency of knowledge workers
- 5+ Impact on how trades people in the skilled workforce do their jobs
What advice would you give to executives as they determine how best to employ AI across their business?
Move quickly to adopt AI, it’s going to be an essential tool but make sure your outcomes are actionable and transparent.
What’s driving today’s progress in AI?The two main drivers for AI progress are:
- Huge potential in productivity improvement
- Accessible and easily used by everyone
What will take AI capabilities to the next level?:
An enterprise version of LLM API with robust governance, policy and security around private data use, GDPR etc.
Why did you choose to present at the WSAI Series this year?
The timing of WSAI was a perfect launch pad for Ogma, we are excited to share what we are hearing from our customers and help others navigate their AI strategy to get actionable, and insights they can measure.
What are your personal goals from the summit?
Growing our partner network
What are you most excited about taking part in the WSAI Series?
Getting to meet other businesses and thought leaders to discuss their AI vision, strategy and success stories.
Global AI events calendar 2023