InspiredMinds and the City of Amsterdam have a long standing partnership sharing a similar philosophy of democratising access to AI and emerging tech for all. With the onset of the global COVID-19 pandemic, InspiredMinds has kept these values at the forefront of their decision to reimagine the World Summit AI as a digital experience and have launched the Inspired AI series taking place online from September to November.
Although the World Summit AI will not be in Amsterdam this year, the summit will return for the fifth anniversary edition in 2021 and in lieu thereof we are thrilled to be able to continue our partnership with the City of Amsterdam (Smart Health Amsterdam, StartupAmsterdam and the CTO office).
Amsterdam remains an important location for the global tech and AI ecosystem with a thriving community of both established and startup organisations all focusing on making AI and emerging tech accessible the world over. As part of the Inspired AI series, InspiredMinds and StartupAmsterdam are working in collaboration to showcase the Netherlands’ most exciting AI startups and scaleups that are driving development in the sector.
Founder of InspiredMinds Sarah Porter comments “World AI week and World Summit AI are regarded internationally as the most important AI annual forums. InspiredMinds are delighted that the City of Amsterdam will be our partners digitally in 2020 and our host city for 2021. Amsterdam is not only a thriving hotbed for AI innovation, but also a natural epicentre for our international ecosystem.”
And echoed by Ger Baron, the Municipality of Amsterdam’s Chief Technology Officer, “Amsterdam aims to be at the forefront of the international AI technological advancements with our highly recognized academic researchers, education and companies. As a city we want to make sure that ethical questioning and values such as freedom, inclusion and equality are embedded in all our AI related activities. To host the World Summit AI is a great opportunity to show, and learn from, AI talent from all over the world how AI can improve people’s lives: AI Technology for People.”
This year, themes include the hottest topics in AI including AI for Earth, AI for good, Delivering AI Ethically & Equitably, Deep Dive Tech Talks, AI in Action, Applied AI, The Future of Health and Finance, AI In Innovation and many more.
- Rediet Abebe, Founder Black in AI
- Roya Mahboob, CEO, Digital Citizen Fund
- Loubna Bouarfa, CEO & Founder, OKRA Technologies
- Professor Debjyoti Paul, Data Scientist, Amazon
- Fabrizio Slivestri, Research Scientist, Facebook AI
- Taniya Mishra, Director of AI, Affectiva
- Wendell Wallach, Senior Advisor, The Hastings Centre & Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethics, Yale University
- Anja Kaspersen, Former Head of Geopolitics and International Security, World Economic Forum
- Professor Dame Wendy Hall, Regius Professor of Computer Science, Director, Web Science Institute, University of Southampton
- Chandra Khatri, Lead Research Scientist, Uber AI, Uber
- Aik van Eemeren, Lead Public Tech at CTO, City of Amsterdam
- Corinne Vigreux, Co-Founder, TomTom
- Paul Davison, Head of Data, Royal Mail
- Yehuda Dayan, Head of Data Science, Citi Group
- Jan Feiling, Company Builder, Porsche Digital
- Linda Leopold, Head of AI Policy, H&M Group
- Dr Mmantsetsa Marope, Director of the IBE, UNESCO
Team WSAI @ Inspired AI (Sarah, Vidya, Kate, Claire, Sherrie, Stella, Celine, Fiona, Rux, Saima and Eve)
Here is your Global AI Events Calendar where you can meet your fellow 54,000 InspiredMinds community members of business leaders, heads of government, policy makers, startups, investors, academics and media.
WORLD SUMMIT AI WEBINARS
9-10 September 2020
INTELLIGENT HEALTH AI WEBINARS
INSPIRED AI SERIES
Sept – Nov 2020
WORLD SUMMIT AI @ INSPIRED AI
14 October 2020
WORLD AI WEEK
12-16 October 2020
INTELLIGENT HEALTH UK
3-4 March 2021
WORLD SUMMIT AI AMERICAS
20-21 April 2021